Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Folklore Plays the Kinks Are the Village Green Preservation Society

The Kinks Are the Village Green Preservation Society is in a perpetual tie with Love's Forever Changes for being my absolute favorite album of all time. And since I'll never see either of these bands play (barring a fabled Kinks reunion, which given Dave Davies' health and a host of other factors, I don't see happening), tribute acts are the closest I can get to those songs.



Which is why I'm STOKED that next Tuesday night Athens-based act Folklore is replicating their Athfest show, covering the Village Green Preservation Society in its entirety. I saw part of their set at the fest and was completely entranced.



Hear the magic Tuesday July 22 at the 40 Watt. Folklore is for real playing their very last show, as lead singer/guitarist Jimmy Hughes is soon leaving the South for Philly;(.



With Ham1 and Future Ape Tapes.

No comments: