This week has been crazy busy, but I did want to take five minutes to remember Arthur Lee of Love, who died August 3, 2006 of leukemia. There's really no point in my regurgitating facts about him; if you're interested, do the research, or better yet, buy the music.
I found out about Love several years ago when I was flipping through our record collection; my husband had a best of L.P. with this picture-

I thought Arthur Lee and Johnny Echols were super hot, plus Arthur was originally from Memphis, where I used to spend a lot of time. I was hooked from the first notes of Little Red Book, and that was at least two months before I heard Forever Changes, one of my favorite albums ever. Great music and mind-blowing lyrics that completely encapsulate the dark side of the sixties.
Check out Arthur Lee and Love live below.
No comments:
Post a Comment